Available On Order
Technology that delivers all-around simplicity, high-performance and high-capacity entry storage
PowerVault ME4 Series provides features that simplify tasks such as system installation, configuration, and serviceability enabling IT generalists to manage resources more efficiently and focus on the bigger picture.
- Simple to order with all-inclusive software
- Customer installable/configurable in 15 minutes
- Intuitive web-based (HTML5) management
- Easily expandable without disruption
Get all-inclusive enterprise-class capabilities
PowerVault ME4 Series storage arrays deliver all the software you’ll need to store, manage, and protect your data:
- ADAPT (Distributed RAID): Improved data protection functionality that delivers faster drive rebuild times
- Thin Provisioning: Allocate and consume physical storage capacity as needed in disk pools
- Snapshots: Easily recover data with point-in-time copies
- Replication: Replicate data to any global location
- Volume Copy: Enables seamless volume relocation and disk-based backup and recovery
- SSD Read Cache: Increase execution speed of applications by caching previously read data
- 3-Level Auto-tiering: Optimizes data performance with less expense
- Virtualization integration: Integrate ME4 arrays with VMware vSphere and vCenter SRM and Microsoft Hyper-V
Optimized for SAN and DAS
PowerVault ME4 Series is purpose-built and optimized for SAN and DAS virtualized workloads. Connecting the PowerVault ME4 Series to a Dell PowerEdge Server to address the challenges of server capacity expansion or to a SAN for flexibility and scalability ensures that business applications will always get high-speed and reliable access to their data – without compromise.
- Direct-attach to Dell PowerEdge Servers over SAS, FC, or iSCSI
- Consolidate SAN storage through a single port over FC or iSCSI
Protect your data
Keep your valuable information safe with these PowerVault ME Series features:
- Remote Replication: Replicate data to any global location that includes mirroring thin provisioned pools
- Snapshots: Easily recover files after accidental deletion or alteration with point-in-time copies of data
- Virtual Disk Copy (VDC): Enable quick and seamless virtual disk relocation and disk-based backup and recovery with a full, replicated copy of source data
- Self-encrypting drives (SEDs): Render data useless to unauthorized users with drive-level encryption, even if the drive has been removed from the enclosure
Improved hardware and performance
PowerVault ME Series storage is simple, fast, and affordable. With dual core Intel Broadwell processors, active-active controllers, more drives and a faster back end, ME Series storage delivers:
- Up to 320K IOPs performance
- Up to 5500 MB/sec bandwidth
- Up to 4PB capacity (Use HDDs to 4PB in three 5U 84 drive dense enclosures)
- Performance at scale with 12G SAS backend
The ME4 Series base models include dual hot-swappable Intel controllers, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, and SAS protocols, support for 2U and 5U expansion enclosure options. Implement the PowerVault ME Series as shared SAN storage or direct attach them to Dell PowerEdge Servers.
Simplified data management
The PowerVault ME4 Series brings radical simplicity and exceptional affordability to the entry market. It’s simple to install and configure, comes with all-inclusive software and includes an intuitive web-based HTML5 GUI for “anywhere” management. ME4 Series storage flexibly configures as DAS or SAN, all flash or hybrid, and you can mix HDD and SSD drives in the configuration. It also includes built-in compatibility with Microsoft and VMware hypervisors simplifying physical and virtual resource management.
This web-based management GUI simplifies ME4 configuration tasks, alerts you to problems and provides a recovery guru to automatically help troubleshoot and resolve issues.
VMware vCenter Plug-In 6.7
Monitor, manage, provision and optimize storage for performance and availability across your virtual infrastructure. You can also implement Storage Replication Adapters (SRA) to simplify management of disaster recovery with centralized recovery plans.
Speed recovery with ADAPT Software
PowerVault ME4 Series ADAPT software protects data by dynamically distributing it across pools of drives. In the event of a drive failure, ADAPT will identify the critical data and dynamically rebalance the data so the array can return to an optimal state faster than it would in the typical RAID environment.
- Saves time and money
- Faster drive rebuilds
- Add just the capacity you need
- Supports up to 1PB capacity or up to 128 drives.